Sunday, August 10, 2014

China Glaze All Aboard Fall 2014

I'm so happy to bring you this collection review because I am IN LOVE with the China Glaze All Aboard Fall 2014 polishes.  At first glance, I didn't think I'd love this collection as much as I do.  Some of the polishes look very similar to each other in the bottle.  Once I started swatching them I became quickly enamored.  I'm happy to be able to recommend all 12 of them to you.  There's not a single stinker in the bunch.  If you would like to see them swatched with live application, you can find that here:


Let's look at these these gorgeous polishes for Fall!

Let's start out with the polish that shares the same name as the collection.  This lovely, dusty lavender cream is called All Aboard.  In case you're wondering, this is lighter than the lovely dusty purple in The Giver collection.  I love this one so much.  The formula is a little runny, so just be aware when you're applying, because the other creams practically apply themselves.  Just don't start with too much polish on your brush and you'll be fine.  I'm showing you two coats here.


My favorite from the collection is called Choo-Choo Choose.  I had no idea this was going to be so lovely until I started swatching.  It's a gorgeous green/dusty purple duochrome.  I'm showing you three coats here, as it is a bit more sheer, but it's totally worth it!  I am so in love with this shift!  I think it's definitely the star of the collection.  If you've already got enough polishes for Fall, just pick up this one because it's so special.


There's a deep berry/wine that has subtle shimmer and it's called Conduct Yourself.  This is gorgeous on and so perfect for Fall.  One of my lovely subscribers was asking just today if I had any suggestions for an oxblood polish that doesn't read black on the nail.  I happily add this one to the list.  It's not exactly oxblood, but it's close enough, has great application and I love the shimmer!  This is two coats and it was smooth and easy.


This lovely deep, dusty olive is called Don't Get Derailed.  In the bottle I totally thought this was just going to be another brown polish, but on the nail it really reads olive.  This polish is completely unique in my collection and I was thrilled to see that it's a one-coater.  I've shown you two coats, but you don't really need it.  So lovely!


There is one glitter polish in the collection and it's this lovely graphite micro glitter and red/copper hexes in a clear base.  It's called Loco-Motive and I've shown it to you here over a very sheer nude, and I used two coats of the glitter.  This is delicate and delicious.


Next up is Lug Your Designer Baggage which is a lovely, creamy brown filled with taupe/gold flakies. Super unique and easy to apply, I've shown you two coats here without top coat, the same as the rest of these swatches.


Next up we have Mind the Gap which is another one that is just really different.  It feels like a gold/olive shimmer to me.  Sometimes it feels more gold and sometimes more olive.  I've shown you two coats and there were no application issues at all.  Very smooth and easy to work with.  Incredibly unique.


Oh my goodness, I love this polish so much; it's called Nice Caboose!  A plum/berry hybrid just packed with subtle shimmer looks so beautiful on the nail.  They gave us this juicy bite in the middle of the collection that feels so rich and tasty. I've shown you two coats here.


Just look at this beautiful mid-to-deep blue cream.  It's called One Track Mind and is pretty much another one-coater.  I've shown you two coats here and guess what, it's not a stainer!  So gorgeous!  I'm so happy that they got this one right!


There is one polish that has a bit of a frost finish, but it's not offensive with brush strokes like some frosts can be.  This one is called Stop That Train and it is the same beautiful red/copper that is in the glitter Loco-Motive.  I love that they put this color in the glitter to give the collection more cohesion.  The color is just lovely, so warm and fiery without being over-the-top.  I've shown you two coats here.


They gave us a yummy deep teal cream called Well Trained that is so opaque like most of the creams in the collection that you can pretty much get away with one coat.  I've shown you two coats here and I had no staining issues at all. It applies so nicely, just like a dream.


Lastly we have another one-coater called What Are You A-Freight Of.  It's a deep brown/plum- again so lovely!  It applied so easily and I love how it turns the traditional chocolate cream for Fall up a notch.  I've shown you two coats here, just for good measure.

I wasn't prepared for this collection to impress my as much as it did, especially after Fall 2013 Autumn Nights was somewhat disappointing in my opinion.  I have nothing but good things to say about the All Aboard collection.  There really is something in here for everyone and if you have the chance to pick some up, get on it! ;)  It's so hard to pick favorites, but I would say, Choo-Choo Choose You, Nice Caboose, All Aboard, and One Track Mind.

Let me know if you have or are planning to get any of these and which your favorites are!  Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a great one!  See you back tomorrow!

Song of the Day: Robbie Williams- Better Man

Over and out

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. The creams are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great collection! i have mind the gap but choo choo choose you is calling out my name :), as well as Lug Your Designer Baggage

    ReplyDelete